Fall Unfiltered In Fort Wayne, Indiana
Explore Fort Wayne and Unplug on Your Next Fall Getaway!
Unplug on your next fall getaway exploring the great outdoors, enjoying the flavors of fall, and building memories with your friends and family in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Fill your itinerary with some of the best outdoor activities in Fort Wayne including fun along our three rivers, exploring our more than 120 miles of trails, discovering unique parks and preserves, or enjoying the ultimate fall harvest activities.
- Take to Fort Wayne’s three rivers for a kayaking or canoeing trip. Relax to the sound of the water and the views of fall foliage on our natural rivers.
- Choose from trail itineraries on more than 120 miles of trails for a bike ride or walk. Our favorites include the Towpath, Rivergreenway, and Pufferbelly trails.
- Sign up for the free Hikes, Bikes, & Paddles Fort Wayne Outdoor Pass for easy itineraries and maps.
- Fort Wayne offers more than 80 award-winning city parks for you to explore. Plus, state parks and preserves including Eagle Marsh, Fox Island, and ACRES preserves offer a quiet place to get away from it all.
- For a classic fall activity, discover area pumpkin patches and apple orchards where you can find all of your favorite fall harvest fruits and veggies!
- The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is open through October, and that means you’ll be able to discover more than 1,000 animals, hands-on activities, rides, and more with a new fall feel. Plus, new this fall, discover the Bamboo Forest playground at the Zoo featuring Adventure Play for kids of all ages, a two-story ropes style course, sky rail, and more.
Food is an important part of any getaway, and Fort Wayne is home to plenty of diverse and delicious restaurants that will add some flavor to your fall getaway.
- Make it a foodie fall getaway, and discover award-winning chefs and restaurants, the best ethnic cuisine, and classic restaurants like the more than 100-year-old Coney Island.
- The oldest part of Fort Wayne, The Landing, is now becoming a foodie destination. Stop on your downtown adventure or make this your destination and enjoy international fare, farm-to-fork favorites, and brews for a morning boost or afternoon pint.
- Celebrate the cozy comforts of fall with seasonal treats and specialty drinks at one of the many coffee shops in Fort Wayne.
- Savor the season with a s’more at these Fort Wayne restaurants or make it a Fort Wayne s’more with a slice of a DeBrand Fine Chocolate's decadent caramel apple.
- Bundle up and make it a picnic adventure with carry-out from one of Fort Wayne’s many restaurants and the perfect park setting. We recommend Foster Park, Salomon Farm Park, or Promenade Park. If you're looking for an indoor respite, the Botanical Conservatory welcomes picnic-ers as well!
- Take a sip of fall at Kekionga Craft Co, featuring special fall meads
Some of the best activities are the simplest activities, and this fall we’re all about simplicity!
- Fort Wayne is a premier arts destination featuring murals spanning whole alley walls and new sculptures representing our city’s past and future.
- Sign up for the free Public Art Trail to check in and earn prizes!
- Out at Salomon Farm Park, make a trip to see the beautiful sunflower field set to start blooming in September!
- Get swept away with the leaves in Northeast Indiana and discover some of the best fall foliage in Fort Wayne.
This fall, we hope you can unplug from it all and discover an unfiltered fall getaway in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Start Planning Today
Be A Tourist In Your Own Hometown Sunday, September 8, 2024 12:00 pm-5:00 pm You're invited to…
Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown September 8, 2024 Sunday: 12 pm - 5 pm History comes to life at…
Fright Night Lantern Tours October 19, 2024 Saturday: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm Tour the Old Fort at night!…
Enter to win a prize package with tickets to Wild Zoo Wonderland and other Fort Wayne…