The state of Indiana is working to get Back On Track with staggered openings of different industries. Indiana is slowly reopening for business, but the fight against COVID-19 is far from over. Wearing a face mask is one of the simplest, most effective ways to slow the spread of the virus, but we need everyone to do their part to keep our state safe. Through September 30, masks are mandatory in all public spaces in Indiana.
For specifics on the state’s opening timeline, explore the Back on Track roadmap at BackOnTrack.in.gov
The City of Fort Wayne will be following the Governor’s lead with Indiana’s five-staged opening. For additional information on the City of Fort Wayne’s COVID-19 resources, visit their website.
We want to equip you with all the information you need to stay safe during your visit! Your health and safety is our top priority.
- Face coverings are currently required in Indiana's public spaces — be sure to bring some with you!
- Fort Wayne's hotels are carefully planning for your visit. Search online to find the right one for you, or check out our current hotel packages.
- Fort Wayne's restaurants are operating at reduced capacity, and many offer outdoor dining and carryout options to ensure a comfortable option for every visitor.
- Fort Wayne abounds with ample outdoor recreation opportunities. Rent a kayak or bike to explore our great city, or bring one along! With over 120 miles of trails and dozens of award-winning parks, we have many safe options for your visit. And this fall, you can enjoy the season safely at our many fall festivities!
- Learn more about the safety precautions our attractions are taking to keep your family safe. From timed admissions to cleaning throughout the day, they are offering safe opportunities for fun, even at a reduced capacity.
- Many of our businesses have taken the Hoosier Hospitality Promise — learn more and discover money-saving discounts here.
Below is our latest information on reopening information for Fort Wayne attractions. For additional information, visit our special Blog page.
Visit Fort Wayne will continue to monitor the coronavirus, and communicate any necessary community information to visitors. For up-to-date health statistics and recommendations, we suggest the state and county health department resources:
The Fort Wayne community is also taking additional measures to protect patrons, visitors, and customers. See below for updates on new and improved safety measures being put in place to protect you.
In Downtown Fort Wayne, commonly touched outdoor surfaces will be periodically disinfected utilizing a registered EPA and Certified American Chemistry Council Tier One disinfectant, which kills the virus a minute after contact. Surfaces being cleaned include:
- Newspaper Boxes
- Streetscape Litter/Recycling/Cigarette Receptacles
- Door Handles at Parking Garages
- Cross Walk Signal Buttons
- Bike Racks
- Parking Meter Keypads
- E-Scooters and Bike-share handles
Fort Wayne Medical Facility Information
We hope during your stay in Fort Wayne, that you will not need the resources of our nationally ranked health systems. In the case that you do, we want you to be prepared. For emergencies, please do contact 911 immediately.
Planning Your Visit
While we all work together to ensure your safety, we are also here to help you plan your visit! From trip ideas to up-to-date information on facility hours and other amenities, Visit Fort Wayne is here to help.
Browse listings for our restaurants, attractions, hotels, and other facilities to get updated information on openings, hours, and any related information.
For additional inspiration and discovering can’t-miss activities in Fort Wayne, we recommend our trip idea pages where you can customize your Fort Wayne experience!