Bike Fort Wayne
Whether you choose to bring your bikes or rent some here, it’s never been easier to enjoy Fort Wayne by bike!
Veo Scooter and Bike Rentals
How to ride:
- The e-scooters and bikes operate through the Veo app downloaded to smart phones. Riders should download the app and follow the instructions. iOS app for Apple or Google Play for Android
- Customers must be 18 years of age to ride e-scooters and 16 to ride the bikes. They are required to have a credit card on file and are strongly encouraged to wear helmets.
- The cost of the electric scooters is $1 to unlock and then an additional $0.20 per minute thereafter. Pedal bikes are $1 to unlock and then an additional $0.05 per minute to ride after that.
Where to ride:
- The e-scooters and bikes will only be allowed to operate and park in a certain geographic through technology known as geo-fencing. This ride zone includes all of downtown and nearby neighborhoods. (see map)
- The ride zone has been expanded just slightly from last fall to include the University of Saint Francis main campus as well as several more neighborhoods to the north and south of downtown. Promenade Park and the Headwaters Park pavilions remain no ride zones.
- The app shows riders the no ride zones and if they enter the area, the e-scooter will slowly come to a stop. The bikes may operate in no ride zones, just like personal bikes, but are encouraged not to. If the e-scooters or bikes are parked in no ride zones, the customer will continue to be charged for the ride until they park the bike or e-scooter properly.
Rules of the Road:
- E-scooters and bikes are encouraged to operate in bike lanes where available.
- Under current ordinance, both e-scooters and bikes are allowed on sidewalks, but riders MUST YIELD TO PEDESTRIANS.
- E-scooters and bicycles operating on public streets are required to obey the same traffic laws as a motor vehicle.
- Helmets are strongly encouraged.
- Riders are encouraged to park the e-scooters and bikes near existing public bike racks and benches and parallel to the curb. ADA accessibility guidelines require 4½ feet of clearance on a sidewalk for wheelchairs.
- The Veo app requires riders to take a photo of the e-scooter or bike before ending their ride; riders who park improperly may be fined by Veo.
Reporting a Concern:
- Veo has a locally hired support team in Fort Wayne who will respond to calls about its e-scooters and bikes. Anyone who needs to report a concern with a Veo e-scooter or bike should call 855-836-2256 or email email@example.com.
Need to rent a bike longer term? Fort Wayne Outfitters and the Downtown Bike Hub make it easy!
Trails, Itineraries, & Parks
Now that you have a bike, it’s time to explore!
With more than 100 miles of trails and parks, there is a lot to choose from. If you prefer to take in Fort Wayne’s rivers make sure you hop on the Rivergreenway trail that stretches 25 miles along Fort Wayne’s three rivers. If you’d prefer to check out the many splashpads and parks in Fort Wayne with your family, take one of the family-friendly trail itineraries.
Named as a two-time Bicycle Friendly Community, a three-time All America City awards winner, there’s a lot to enjoy and discover in Fort Wayne by bike. Plus, a bike ride is the perfect addition to a fun getaway in Fort Wayne! While you’re here don’t forget to explore one of the top 10 ten zoos in the United States, some of our world class festivals, and some great minor league sports!