Cue the confetti! Fort Wayne returns to its historical riverfront with the NEW Promenade Park, a development that renews Fort Wayne’s three rivers as a regional destination for recreation, arts, and culture. This one-of-a-kind park joins natural rivers with downtown Fort Wayne's thriving urban center.
Promenade Park, an innovative new Midwest destination, features many interactive elements including a treetop canopy trail that stretches 560 feet from the historic Wells Street Bridge to the Harrison Street Bridge, offering a tree-top view of the park, the river, and the Fort Wayne skyline. In addition, visitors will find 4.2 amazing acres of fun, including an accessible playground, interactive water feature, amphitheatre, dining garden, and more.
Promenade Park was designed to be welcoming and accessible to people of all abilities. The paths have tactile surface features for vision-impaired individuals, wheelchair accessible grassy areas, accessibility at the water’s edge for easier transfer from wheelchair to watercraft, a dedicated handicap parking area, family restrooms, wide paths, and more.
The Midwest’s NEWEST attraction will forever change Fort Wayne, Indiana as a destination. This innovative, interactive park connects Fort Wayne’s three rivers – the St. Marys, St. Joseph, and Maumee - to downtown Fort Wayne in a way that will allow for everyone to experience the natural rivers in the heart of Fort Wayne’s urban center!
“Fort Wayne’s three rivers merge in the center of downtown, where the city’s historic roots trace back to the days of trading posts and forts. The rivers made this city a transportation center and brought the Wabash-Erie Canal, and later the railroad, as technology advanced. Our rivers have transformed Fort Wayne into a cutting edge, creative center in the Midwest,” says Megan Butler, Riverfront Fort Wayne Program and Events Manager. “Riverfront Fort Wayne is the leader and unifying force of the efforts of the entire community to be: Always Moving.”
Promenade Park Fast Facts:
- Park Size: 4.2 Acres
- The development cost $20 million to build.
- Promenade Park’s location, 202 W. Superior Street, will provide a catalyst for future private development along Fort Wayne’s riverfront.
- Promenade Park is the first development to be built along both sides of the St. Marys’ riverbanks.
- Urban style developments in Promenade Park include:
- The Plaza
- Dining Gardens
- Unique elements of the Promenade Park developments:
- Tree Canopy Trail
- Kids’ Canal
- Pavilion with onsite restaurant, Trubble Riverside Café & Tap
Media materials and photos are provided here - https://bit.ly/2FTKBgZ
For more information, please contact the following representatives.
- Jessa Campbell, Marketing and Communications Coordinator at Visit Fort Wayne, Jessa@VisitFortWayne.com or 260-434-3700
- Natalie Eggeman, Public Information Officer for the City of Fort Wayne, Natalie.Eggeman@cityoffortwayne.org or 260-427-1167
- Rob Hines, Public Information Officer for Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation, Rob.Hines@cityoffortwayne.org or 260-427-6028
Visit Fort Wayne is the official destination marketing organization for Fort Wayne and Allen County. Each year, over 5.9 million people visit Fort Wayne and generate $619 million in direct economic impact.
Fort Wayne is the second-largest city in Indiana offering families, multi-generational families, couples, business people, and events an affordable city destination that is accessible and conveniently located in the heart of the Midwest. Explore your wild side at one of the top zoos in the nation - the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, take a deep dive into your family history at the nation’s largest public Genealogy Center or explore the art and culture of Fort Wayne during one of our many festivals. Fort Wayne is also home to great businesses including Sweetwater, Vera Bradley, and so many more. Fort Wayne is a city on the rise!
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Visit Fort Wayne