Adventure Awaits at the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
Open daily in 2023: April 22 through October 29.
Visit “one of the top ten zoos in the nation!”
The Fort Wayne Children's Zoo is a nationally ranked zoo, offering families 40 acres of animals, rides and beautifully landscaped grounds. Four distinct sections offer rides and hands-on experiences around every turn:
The African Journey features lions, hyenas, monkeys and more!
- Hands-on highlights: Hand-feed giraffes and enjoy play spaces all across the continent including sitting behind the wheel of a real Land Rover and zooming in on zebra and wildebeest with the Savannah Viewers.
- Relax and Ride: Tickle your toes in the treetops as you glide 38 feet into the air on the Sky Safari! Get a bird’s eye view of lions, zebras, wildebeest, and ostrich in the African Journey exhibit.
- Snack spots include the Market Oasis
The Australian Adventure features the Reef, Kangaroos, and more!
- Pet a stingray, ride a surfboard, and explore the outback, mate!
- Relax and Ride: Climb into your own dugout canoe and explore The Outback on the Crocodile Creek Adventure Ride. You’ll observe the life cycle of a crocodile while you float past dingoes and eastern grey kangaroos. Sit back and enjoy this relaxing canoe ride – no paddling required!
- Snack spots include Ray’s Barefoot Grill and Matilda’s
The Asian Trek offers a cool escape amidst jungle life. Come nose-to-nose with tigers, orangutans, and reptiles!
- New in 2023, Red Panda Ridge is a new area featuring one of the largest red panda habitats in the US! Guests will discover endangered Chinese and Himalayan Red Pandas and several other new animal species.
- Hands-on highlights: Get hands-on with nature at the Rain Forest Entry Room and trek the Tree Top Trail.
- Relax and Ride: The Endangered Species Carousel depicts endangered animals from Southeast Asia. Children and adults alike will enjoy a spin on one of these colorful creatures set to nostalgic organ music.
- Snack spots include Treetops Café and Icee Mix-it-up
The Central Zoo features our newest exhibits, Monkey Island and an interactive home for our River Otters!
- Hands-on highlights: Brush a goat at the Indiana Family Farm, watch a sea lion feeding or stop for a photo opp on Little Poof.
- Relax and ride: Hop on the Z.O.&O. Railroad
Explore the Zoo
A Family Adventure
Enjoy the Zoo for Less
Among Midwest Zoos, the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is 15% cheaper for adults, 25% cheaper for kids, and 100% as amazing!
Members of participating zoos can get half-off admission via the reciprocal zoo program.
And, the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is part of our Fort Wayne Adventure Pass - 4 great attractions for 1 low price!
Fort Wayne Adventure Pass
SAVE WITH THE FORT WAYNE ADVENTURE PASS
Looking for another way to save? The Fort Wayne Adventure Pass offers you admission to four amazing attractions — for ONE low price!
Pay once and receive your mobile pass to explore four of Fort Wayne's top attractions for a discounted price:
Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
Fort Wayne Museum of Art
Get your pass and start exploring!
Northeast Indiana residents are happy to say goodbye to the gray skies of winter and welcome spring…
Make Fort Wayne, Indiana your summer destination and enjoy a wild time at the Fort Wayne…
A trip to the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is a must-see when visiting Fort Wayne, Indiana. A…