Why Bring your Genealogical Society to Fort Wayne?
We love to host groups!
- Receive discounts to downtown hotels, restaurants, and world-class attractions as part of our “Show Your Badge” program.
- Work one-on-one with our friendly, trained genealogists who are eager to help you get started or dig deeper into your family history.
- Upon request, our genealogists will custom cater a program to fit your group’s interests.
- Check The Genealogy Center’s online calendar for special times/events that might make your visit more special.
- Your group’s visit to The Genealogy Center is always FREE!
- Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, we’ll help you on your genealogical journey.
Upon your group’s arrival to the Genealogy Center you’ll be treated to a specialized program featuring tours of the facility, training on how to get started researching (if needed), and genealogist assistance.
What to Bring With You
- Send your information prior
- Pick up a Visitor Packet when you arrive
- Bring a notebook to take notes and a USB drive to save images from computers, microtext, and books.
- Bring dollar bills for the copy machines.
- You may bring just about anything with you: files and notebooks, computers and tablets, scanner, camera, pens, pencils, etc. However, they do not allow food or drink in the Center. These may be stored in your bag, but not consumed in this area of the library.
- You might want to bring a sweater or light jacket. No matter the season, the rooms occasionally get a little cool.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The Genealogy Center covers about the same space as a football field.
Contact Us to Get Started