This position will assist the Marketing & Communications department with writing, social media, digital communications, photography, marketing research, newsletters, and advertising projects.
This summer internship is approximately 20-25 hours per week for 12 weeks, beginning mid-May and ending mid-August. Students must be able to work within a consistent schedule during normal office hours (preferably 3-4 days/week - dates and days worked can be flexible).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the Marketing and Promotion of Fort Wayne, Indiana as a leisure and convention destination.
- Assist with writing and publication of e-newsletters and blog.
- Write, develop, and edit press releases and other various copywriting projects.
- Help manage a grassroots marketing effort at area attractions through the summer.
- Work with travel writers - pitching story ideas.
- Assist with creating, updating, maintaining, and ensuring company's presence on all appropriate websites, blogrolls, social media sites, etc.
- Participate in photography and video projects by aiding in production, editing, and publishing.
- Assist with radio promotions and call ins.
- Research and maintain contact information for media lists and other databases.
- Other duties as assigned
- Junior academic level preferred
- Major in Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations preferred
- Strong vocabulary, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Awareness & experience in internet marketing and public relations will be helpful
The intern will receive a stipend of $7.25/ hour. We will strive to optimize recognition and networking opportunities, and approve school credit where appropriate.
Interested students should send their resume and cover letter to:
Visit Fort Wayne
927 S. Harrison, Suite 101
Fort Wayne, IN 46802