Plan Their Visit
Family and friends coming to visit? We’re here to help you check one more thing off your to-do list by making the planning simple! Visit Fort Wayne can help make this summer’s family reunion one to remember - we’ve got the planning tools to help you find safe and fun activities to enjoy together.
STEP 1 - ACCOMMODATIONS
First things first - you’ll want to recommend some trusted accommodations where your family can stay. Unless they’re staying with you, your family will love these Fort Wayne hotels to enjoy a little downtime and space. Plus, they can save during their stay with special hotel packages designed just for them!
STEP 2 - THINGS TO DO
Whether you are the adventuring types, the leisurely stroll fans, or the pack-it-all-in maniacs, there is plenty of Fort Wayne fun to be had with your family. Utilize our Trip Ideas to help you plan outings and activities with your crew. From can’t-miss activities like the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, Promenade Park, and murals — to hidden gems like The Landing and Genealogy Center — our trip ideas will help you make their visit special.
Insider Tip 1: Check out the Current Fort Wayne event calendar to learn what special events are taking place during their visit. It can also help you narrow down the perfect time to host your family.
Insider Tip 2: if you’re looking for affordable to FREE activities, check out this list of Free activities in Fort Wayne.
STEP 3 - DINING
Next on the list is FOOD - the most important part of a family get together. Share a memorable meal (where you don’t have to do all the work) by dining out in the City of Restaurants! From fine dining to family-friendly options, you can use our restaurant listings to pick some of your favorites or try a new-to-you restaurant.
Insider Tip 1: Learn more about Fort Wayne Foodie Favorites and the Best of Fort Wayne Dining
Insider Tip 2: For an extra special activity, order carryout from your favorite restaurant and enjoy a picnic in one of Fort Wayne’s more than 80-award winning parks.
Bringing it All Together
We’re here to help remind you of a few details to make your planning smoother.
- Use our visitor-friendly maps to help your family navigate Fort Wayne.
- Don’t forget to check the weather before you head out! There is nothing worse than heading out and forgetting essentials like sunscreen or an umbrella.
- If you’re hosting your family during a holiday, you may want to double-check whether any facilities or attractions are closed, or if you’ll need reservations at your favorite restaurant.
- Is Fido joining the fun? Fort Wayne offers several hotels that will accommodate your pets too and many restaurants offer pet-friendly patios. Learn more about Pet-Friendly Fort Wayne.
- Fort Wayne is a city for people of all abilities. To experience our city to the fullest, we’ve collected everything you need for an accessible visit to many of Fort Wayne’s attractions.
- If you need further planning inspiration, take it from a local and check out some of their 24 hours in Fort Wayne recommendations.
- Our Visitors Center staff is ready to help you make your reunion memorable. Call them with questions, or stop in to pick up magazines, printed information and maps, or to purchase souvenirs.