In Fort Wayne, Indiana
Explore Fort Wayne and Unplug on Your Next Fall Getaway!
Unplug on your next fall getaway with our recommendations for exploring the great outdoors, enjoying the flavors of fall, and building memories with your friends and family in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
From wanting to experience all that fall offers to taking it slow and relaxing in the beauty of nature, customize a weekend filled with activities, eating, and sights to see in Fort Wayne this fall.
Fill your itinerary with some of the best outdoor activities in Fort Wayne including fun along our three rivers, exploring our more than 120 miles of trails, discovering unique parks and preserves, or enjoying the ultimate fall harvest activities.
- Take to Fort Wayne’s three rivers for a kayaking or canoeing trip. Relax to the sound of the water and the views of fall foliage on our natural rivers.
- Choose between more than 120 miles of trails for a bike ride or walk. Our favorites include the Towpath, Rivergreenway, and Pufferbelly trails.
- Fort Wayne offers more than 80 award-winning city parks for you to explore. Plus, state parks and preserves including Eagle Marsh, Fox Island, and ACRES preserves offer a quiet place for you to get away from it all.
- For a classic fall activity, discover area pumpkin patches and apple orchards where you can find all of your favorite fall harvest fruits and veggies!
- The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo is open even later this year, and that means you’ll be able to discover more than 1,000 animals, hands-on activities, rides and more with a new fall feel.
Food is an important part of any getaway, and Fort Wayne is home to plenty of diverse and delicious restaurants that will add some flavor to your fall getaway.
- Make your fall getaway a foodie fall getaway, and discover award-winning chefs and restaurants, the best ethnic cuisine, and classic restaurants like the more than 100-year-old Coney Island.
- The oldest part of Fort Wayne, The Landing, is now becoming a foodie destination. Stop on your downtown adventure or make this your destination and enjoy international fare, farm-to-fork favorites, and brews for a morning boost or afternoon pint.
- Celebrate the cozy comforts of fall with seasonal treats and specialty drinks at one of the many coffee shops in Fort Wayne.
- Savor the season with a s’more at these Fort Wayne restaurants or make it a Fort Wayne s’more with a slice of a DeBrand Fine Chocolates decadent caramel apple.
- Bundle up and make it a picnic adventure with carry-out from one of Fort Wayne’s many restaurants and the perfect park setting. We recommend Foster Park, Salomon Farm Park, or Promenade Park.
Some of the best activities are the simplest activities, and this fall we’re all about simplicity!
- Fort Wayne is a premier arts destination featuring murals spanning whole alley walls and new sculptures representing our city’s past and future. Plus, this fall you can enjoy the Make it Your Own Mural Fest.
- Bringing together art, outdoor recreation, history, and travel - the Make it Your Own Mural Fest, September 8-18, will feature 11 counties, 11 NEW murals, and 11 road trip itineraries.
- Out at Salomon Farm Park, make a trip to see the beautiful sunflower field set to start blooming in September!
- Get swept away with the leaves in Northeast Indiana and discover some of the best fall foliage in Fort Wayne.
This fall, we hope you can unplug from it all and discover an unfiltered fall getaway in Fort Wayne, Indiana.