Why Worry? And Bumping Into Broadway with Organist Clark Wilson
- 125 W. Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(260) 424-5665Visit Website
- Presented By: Embassy Theatre
- Dates: August 6, 2023
- Location: Embassy Theatre
- Time: 3:00 PM
- Price: TICKETS are FREE for ages 12 and under, 65 and over and members of the Embassy. All other tickets are only $10 (plus applicable fees). To avoid convenience fees or to obtain FREE tickets for the categories listed above, please visit the STAR Bank box office at the Embassy at 125 W. Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne. The box office is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: Yes
- Buy Tickets
Join the Embassy Theatre as it celebrates the magic of great silent films that mesmerized onlookers 100 years ago! Attendees will be transported back to the earliest days of Hollywood when silent films were projected on the screen as the melodious tunes of the pipe organ filled the theater. The final film in this series is Why Worry? featuring Harold Lloyd, with a bonus short film, Bumping Into Broadway, preceding the feature. Both films will be accompanied on the Grande Page Pipe organ by organist Clark Wilson.
Why Worry? features a wealthy businessman (Lloyd) obsessed with his health who travels to a small South American island for the peace and seclusion he is desperately seeking. Instead, he stumbles into the midst of a revolution against the island's republic. In Harold Lloyd's first short film, Bumping Into Broadway, our infatuated protagonist goes broke trying to impress a struggling actress by paying her rent and, in doing so, renders himself penniless. While still trying to win her affection, he accidentally wins at an illegal gambling club just as it is being raided by police. This hilarious apologue is sure to leave you in stitches.