The Art of Slowing Down: Women's Labor and Craft
- 300 East Main Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(260) 424-7195Visit Website
- Presented By: Artlink Gallery
- Dates: May 4, 2023 - June 4, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Artlink Gallery
- Time: 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Price: Free
- Wheelchair Accessibility: Yes
Artlink is pleased to present The Art of Slowing Down: Women’s Labour & Craft by Mallory Donen.
Opening reception: Thursday, May 4 from 5-8pm
This solo exhibition by Mallory Donen challenges notions of labor, productivity, and the value of art in relation to craft and women’s work. Throughout her practice, Donen has explored the connection between the repetitive nature of women’s work and machines. Advances in technology continue to make physical human labor obsolete. In opposition to mass production, Donen embraces slow repetitive processes, such as hand-stitching and knitting to bring awareness to undervalued women’s labor and traditional craft.