Art Exhibit: The Seventh Day: Revisiting Shabbat
- Is this a Free Event? Yes
- Venue: Congregation Achduth Vesholom, Rifkin Campus
- Dates: September 13, 2018 - November 15, 2018
- Address: 5200 Old Mill Rd. Fort Wayne, IN 46807
- Times: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Admission: free
- Phone: (260) 744-4245
- Website: Visit Website
- Email: E-mail
- Wheelchair Accessibility: Yes
"The Seventh Day: Revisiting Shabbat" is a collection of artworks from around the world exploring the diversity of the Sabbath. This traveling exhibit of about 36 pieces comes from the Hebrew Union College Jewish Institute of Religion Museum. Included are works of photography, textile, and collage as well as paintings, all exploring some aspect of Shabbat. Created by a variety of international artists, the artworks and ritual objects represent a diverse, 21st-century approach to this day of rest.
The exhibit is open to the public on Thursday afternoons from 1 to 3 p.m, and for groups of ten or more by appointment.