Travelling with a preschooler can be at times difficult, but luckily there is a lot for them to enjoy in Fort Wayne. If you’re looking to make a visit to Fort Wayne with your family, we’ve got a list of interactive activities to do with your active preschooler in every season!
Whether you want to enjoy the outdoor fall foliage or have a fun afternoon inside, there’s plenty to do in Fort Wayne with preschoolers in Fall.
2. Stroll through the beautiful Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo (open through October 9).
4. Try your hand at mini golf at Putt Putt Fun Center while the weather is still pleasant.
5. Find the great pumpkin or apple at some of the fun fall harvest activities in Fort Wayne!
6. Enjoy a fun fall festival like Kuehnert Fall Festival where you can learn about cows, get lost in a corn maze or play in a haystack!
7. Plus, there are some great events like the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo – Wild Zoo Halloween!
Pass those winter blues away with your preschooler at some special spring activities in Fort Wayne! You will be able to enjoy many of the same events that are available in Fall, plus some other Spring event!
Kick off a great start to summer with fun spring events like Fairy Tale Fest or Kickstart 4 Kids, where your preschooler can learn about bikes and experience fun fairy tale-themed performances presented by the Fort Wayne Youtheatre.
Summer is when full vacation mode begins, and you may want some fun activities to do with your preschooler on a getaway weekend.
1. You still can enjoy some of the great Fort Wayne parks like Lawton Park, Buckner Park, Taylor’s Dream park, and of course the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, but you’ll also be able to cool off in one of the many splash pads!
2. Enjoy a free movie under the stars at the Foellinger Outdoor Theatre – most of the movies are very family-friendly!
3. Bring your preschooler to Fort Wayne, to enjoy some of our great festivals! From great food and fun family activities, there will be plenty for your preschooler to explore!
Winter or Any time of Year
Enjoy these fun activities with your preschooler any time of year or during the winter months!
1. The downtown Library is a great destination to read a few books in the cool treehouse, plus there are plenty of fun story time and other programs visitors can enjoy! Make sure to check out the other library branches to see their full list of events too.
2. Science Central is a great place for your preschooler to discover science while enjoying many interactive activities. From fun water tables to a giant three story slide, you could spend a whole afternoon hands-on entertainment, which is especially helpful during the winter!
3. Explore 3 indoor activities all year-round at the Botanical Conservatory! With new exhibits four times a year, there is plenty to discover at the Botanical Conservatory. Especially in the winter when their main exhibit garden becomes an oasis for young children to play and discover! Take your little one here for an afternoon scavenger, will you be able to find the chocolate tree?
4. Although fine art may not scream kid-friendly, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art has a fun interactive room for children to learn about art.
5. If you’re looking for an indoor activity where you can rest and let your preschooler run around, make a stop at the Jefferson Pointe play area or Glenbrook Square play area. Both play areas are situated in two destination malls and provides the perfect opportunity for you to rest after shopping!
6. Grab your bowling shoes and hit the lanes at Crazy Pinz, but that’s not all! You can also enjoy an indoor play area, mini-golf course, and arcade with your family!
7. Let your child’s creative sideshow, with a fun family-friendly activity of pottery painting at Painting Fun Spot. This is can be the perfect souvenir for a fun trip!
8. Take a skate around the SportONE/Parkview Icehouse Friday, Saturday or Sundays during their public skate times, or let your preschooler burn off some energy at Bounce Mania located inside the Icehouse, which is open Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
9. In the winter, there are also fun festival and events that are great to explore and enjoy with your preschoolers like signature HolidayFest events – the Festival of Gingerbread and the Festival of Trees. Or there are always fun events like Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live!, and many more events!
10. Enjoy an indoor imagination play place where your children can play in a replica doctor’s office or market. Provided at the center are costumes, props, and toys meant to enhance each child’s interaction with the displays. WeeStreet is located in Glenbrook (4201 Coldwater Rd.), this facility is open Monday to Saturday 10am-9pm, and Sundays 11am-6pm. Cost is $4 for 30 minutes of play.
Make sure you visit the Visit Fort Wayne Calendar of Events for a current list of events in town during your getaway!