As the Hotel Fitness Championship prepares for play Aug. 25-31 at Sycamore Hills Golf Club, the tournament is once again launching a community-wide interactive event featuring an oversized golf ball in 18 popular Fort Wayne locations with the opportunity for participants to win upgraded tickets. On Monday, June 16, the “Tee Shot” promotion began with two larger-than-life Hotel Fitness Championship-branded golf balls in different well-traveled Fort Wayne locations. Over nine weeks, the two structures will change locations weekly, where they will stay from Monday to Sunday. Corresponding clues and information on each new location will be distributed via the Hotel Fitness Championship Facebook and Twitter pages. When a structure is spotted, local residents are asked to take a photo and share it on social media. Each participant will receive a promotional code for a discount on tournament tickets. Every Monday, one participant from the previous week will be selected at random to receive a pair of one-day Championship round upgraded tickets. “We’re excited to bring Tee Shot back to the Fort Wayne community following a great run in 2013,” said Duke Butler IV, tournament director of Hotel Fitness Championship. “We encourage sports fans and community members to participate as the excitement builds for the return of Indiana’s biggest golf event of the year.” Here is how “Tee Shot” works:
- Participants will have until 11:59 p.m. EDT each Sunday from June 16 to Aug. 17 to take a picture of one of the golf balls and share on Facebook and Twitter.
- On Facebook, participants will post photos on the Hotel Fitness Championship’s wall.
- On Twitter, participants will tweet their photos to @HotelFitChamps.
- Every participant will be contacted via social media to receive a promotional code for a special discount on tickets.
- Each week, one randomly selected participant will receive two one-day Championship round upgraded tickets ($100 value), which will be announced via Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Tee Shot will officially end on Aug. 17 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
The Hotel Fitness Championship is one of four Web.com Tour Finals events for 2014 that will determine the 50 players who earn cards for the 2014-15 PGA TOUR season under the TOUR's enhanced qualifying system. It is the year’s biggest golf tournament to be played in the Hoosier state and is estimated to have a $4-5 million impact on Fort Wayne’s economy. For more information on “Tee Shot” or to see the official rules and regulations, go to http://www.hotelfitnesschampionship.com/media-center. To purchase tickets, visit www.hotelfitnesschampionship.com or contact or contact Sally White at (224) 260-3786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.