Update: As of 2017, Tanglewood Berry Farm is no longer in operation.
Dreaming of tasting the fruits of summer? At the local you-pick farms, you can pick your own juicy strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries throughout the respective peak seasons. You’ll have a blast meandering through the rows of vegetation scouting out the perfect berry, and imagine the satisfaction when you finally find it!
Aside from strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, many of the you-pick farms offer other produce for purchase such as honey, pumpkins and hanging flower baskets. Though you won’t get to pick them off the vine, the taste will still be fresh and delicious.
The following are a few of the local you-pick farms you can visit over the summer to find the perfect produce, along with what tasty treats await you there.
Cedar Creek Produce
11709 Clay Street, Leo-Cedarville, IN
- Strawberries peak first of June
- Blueberries peak in July
- Flowers and flower arrangements open from spring to fall
- September – red raspberries and pumpkins
- In addition, they sell various types of fruits, veggies, and honey.
- You-pick and pre-picked available
Hilger Family Farm
5534 Butt Road, Fort Wayne, IN
- You-pick strawberries, red raspberries, cherries, blueberries, and peaches
- Vegetables available on sale, including squash, corn, and green beans
- Plants available for purchase as well, including flowers, vegetable, and fruits, to plant your own garden.
*Exception: Tanglewood Berry Farm
2427 S. Hadley Road, Fort Wayne, IN
- Want the delicious, fresh fruit without the work? Come to Tanglewood Berry Farm.
- Pre-picked, USDA Certified Organic strawberries, red raspberries, blackberries and blueberries available for purchase.
Or you can check out the many farmers markets around Fort Wayne!