"The Kuehnert family is extremely excited to be able to share their farm, family and cows, and to tell you their farm story. They want consumers to see what life is like as a dairy farmer, how they care for their cows and the land. It is their passion to educate the general public, so that they know that milk comes from a cow, how a gallon of milk gets to the grocery store, and to know the importance of milk in a healthy diet."The Fall Festival will run for five weeks, opening on Saturday, September 27 and continuing through Sunday, October 26. Admission includes a bounty of activities:
- Explore the freestall barn, where the cows spend their time and eat
- Learn how baby calves receive care
- See modern farm machinery and check out the robotic cow milking
- Navigate the five-acre Corn Maze!
- Tackle Straw Mountain
- Have fun in the Corn Crib Play Area
- Show off your skill in a game of Cornhole
- Take a turn on the Tile Swing
- Catch a game of Holy Cow Football
- Go on a hayride
- Warm up by the fire pits
- Get creative with Pumpkin Painting
- Learn something during the educational activities
- Turn the kids loose for the daily children’s activities
- Scout out the place with farm tours led by staff
- Let the kids enjoy free face painting every weekend
- Don't forget the food! Enjoy delicious dairy snacks featuring soft-serve ice cream, grilled cheese sandwiches, ice cold milk, hotdogs and s'mores while sitting around a bonfire only feet away from the cows.
There are many activities to choose from in Fort Wayne, especially in the fall. But there's just something special about the Kuehnert Dairy Farm. Maybe it's the rich sense of history that exists there. After all, the family running the place now is fifth and sixth generation. For me, the atmosphere harkens back to a time when hard work, discipline and grit were the rule, not the exception. In any case, the farm is a special place and you should make the time to bring your family out to the Fall Festival at least once this year!
DetailsWhere: 6532 W. Cook Road Fort Wayne , IN 46818 260-417-1918 When: Weekends starting Saturday September 27 - Sunday, October 26, 2014 Hours: 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. on Fridays 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Saturdays Noon - 5 p.m. on Sundays Admission: General admission is $8 per person. Children under two are free. Groups: School field trips and group tours are all available by appointment. Please inquire for pricing and availability. To make a reservation, email email@example.com or call Sarah at 260-417-1918. Please inquire early, as times and dates fill quickly.