There's something about summer that seems to evoke a craving for BBQ. Luckily for those who are crazy for this all-American fare, there are several local places to get your fix. Here are a few to start:
- Shigs In Pit: "Shigs" offers a wide variety of smoked meats and outstanding side dishes, along with full bar service, linen service, and on-site staffing. From a pulled pork sandwich to a full slab of ribs, there is something for every carnivore here.
- Ziffle's Rib Bar: Ziffle's has been a family favorite for quite some time, and the variety of the menu is impressive. Choose form favorites like a rib basket or Ziffle wings. Come out for Rib Tip Tuesdays and enjoy a basket for only $5.00.
- Wings Etc.: Wings Etc. is a family-friendly restaurant and pub, with a diverse menu featuring Jumbo Buffalo Wings, Wood-Smoked Babyback Ribs, cold beer, in a laid-back atmosphere. Sports fans will appreciate their multiple flat-screens, ideal for watching the Big Game.
- Buffalo Wings & Ribs: Buffalo Wings & Ribs, located at Jefferson and Coldwater, offers some of the area's favorite flavors of buffalo wings as well as excellent ribs and sandwiches. Looking for a great value? Try the wing dinner special, only $13.29 that comes with 16 wings, a side and a drink.
- Quaker Steak & Lube: Quaker Steak & Lube offers plenty of ways to get your BBQ fix, like Chipotle BBQ chicken quesadillas, and BBQ chicken wings. Trying to be good? Check out their BBQ grilled chicken salad.
- Red River Steakhouse: Red River in the Marriott Hotel on East Washington Center Road offers premium quality steaks, chops, BBQ and salads. You'll want to try their BBQ take-out, ideal for large groups. In addition to exquisite food, Red River Steakhouse is also a great place to meet and socialize with friends, family and business associates.
So, what will it be? Are there any other great BBQ places that you love that aren't on this list? Let us know in the comments below!