- Have drinks at Club Soda. There is a reason this restaurant/bar is a favorite of Harrison Ford. Try one of their signature martinis, and you won't be disappointed.
- Wine a bit. There are two wineries with 30 miles of Fort Wayne. Country Heritage, just north of Fort Wayne, urges you to enjoy up to five free tastings, and then savor your selection (or one of their amazing wine slushies!) under their gazebo, or as you sit and rock awhile on their front porch. Two EE’s tasting room combines simple elegance with a full view of the production room. Guests can overlook the vineyard as they peruse their wine selections, and freely enjoy the 40-acre grounds.
- Get artsy. Wine & Canvas combines art with Their studio on the southwest side of town is bright and cheerful--the walls are adorned with sample paintings from previous sessions. You'll be provided with a canvas, supplies and instructions needed to make your own masterpiece. A beverage bar is available that serves wine, beer, soda, and water. A small selection of snacks is available, as well. There’s also a private room for parties.
- Indulge. If you haven't heard of DeBrand's you're missing out. This world renowned purveyor of chocolate is based right here in Fort Wayne. Come in for a piece or two and savor the fine confections.
- Engage in some retail therapy. Forget big box stores--you should check out what makes Fort Wayne unique. It's the independently owned retailers that really stick out. We recommend Opal & Ruby Gift Emporium to find a souvenir or gift. Inside the store you’ll find some gems as hand-made jewelry, pillows, picture frames candles, cookies, and bags. A great deal of the products are locally sourced from such vendors.
Fort Wayne is your place for girlfriend getaways
Posted on October 14, 2014 at 10:00:24 am by Lauren C.