Valentine’s Day might be a time to celebrate romantic love, traditionally, but there’s no doubt that more and more women use it to celebrate their friendships with other women. You know, those babes who always have your back.
If you’re looking to celebrate your girlfriends this Valentine’s Day, Fort Wayne, Indiana, offers plenty of options for sweet and special things to do.
5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day with the Girls in Fort Wayne
Go to the Ballet
This Valentine's Day, the Fort Wayne Ballet is putting on Love Notes 2020, a night of dance and love tales. Performances start at 7 pm on February 14 and 15 at the Parkview Physicians Group ArtsLab (300 E. Main St.). General admission tickets are $20. Hors d'oeuvre treats and beverage stations will also be available before the performance.
Raise a Glass to Local Flavor
Fill your glass with local brews, wines, or spirits, and make a toast to the amazing ladies in your life! Fort Wayne is home to more than a dozen breweries, the first craft distillery in Northeast Indiana, and several wineries around the area.
Tap into Your Inner Artist
Paint a piece of pottery or create the perfect rustic wood sign to hang in your home! The best part? No artistic experience required.
Fort Wayne has a range of creative options, from painting pottery to canvas and more:
- Bisque It Pottery Painting Studio (7605 Coldwater Rd.)
- Painting Fun Spot (4150 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite K-9)
- Painting with a Twist (6427 W. Jefferson Blvd.)
- Board and Brush (6817 Lima Rd.)
Serve Up Some Sweets
@tmanalo21 on Instagram
But don’t forget these other Fort Wayne favorite stops for something sweet:
- The mud pie at Cork ‘N Cleaver is a city favorite. The Oreo crust is topped with coffee ice cream, fudge, toasted almonds, and whipped cream. (221 E. Washington Center Road)
- The DIY s’mores at The Hoppy Gnome are delicious—AND interactive. The plate includes a small canned flame so you can toast your own marshmallows right at the table. (203 E. Berry St.)
- The classic tiramisu at Casa restaurants (with four locations across the city) is perfectly rich, tasty, and moist. But if the six-layer chocolate fudge cake turns your head instead, we understand.
- The tableside bananas foster at BakerStreet Steakhouse is not only delicious but it’s a show, too. Your server will wheel out a small burner to flambé your dessert right in front of you. (4820 N. Clinton St.)
Find more sweet treats on the Fort Wayne Dessert Trail!
Brunch it Up
Proximo (898 S. Harrison St.) has a brunch menu with Latin flair (Columbian ceviche, anyone?), plus traditional American options (think steak and eggs, French toast, and the garbage skillet). And, of course, there’s the range of excellent brunch-approved cocktails, including two different kinds of bloody Marys and mimosas in traditional, almond or cranberry peach.
Or, make it a true Leslie Knope affair with Galentine's Day Brunch at Trubble Brewing (2725 Broadway)! From 11 am – 3:30 pm on February 14, 15, and 16, you and your gals can brunch like the Pawnee Goddesses you are. See what's on the menu.
Check out other brunch options in Fort Wayne.