Valentine’s Day might be a time to celebrate romantic love, traditionally, but there’s no doubt that more and more women use it to celebrate their friendships with other women. You know, those babes who always have your back.
If you’re looking to celebrate your girlfriends this Valentine’s Day, Fort Wayne, Indiana, offers plenty of options for sweet and special things to do.
5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day with the Girls in Fort Wayne
Go to the Ballet
The Fort Wayne Ballet invites you to an annual favorite, "Love Notes!" This intimate performance presents a spectacle of the heart with love tales. a night of dance and love tales. Performances take place at the Masonic Temple in downtown Fort Wayne on February 10 and 11.
General admission tickets are $35. Hors d'oeuvres and beverage stations will also be available before the performance.
Raise a Glass to Local Flavor
Fill your glass with local brews, wines, or spirits, and make a toast to the amazing ladies in your life! Fort Wayne is home to more than a dozen breweries, the first craft distillery in Northeast Indiana, an amazing cidery, and several wineries around the area. Enjoy a tasting and find your new favorite drink.
Tap into Your Inner Artist
Paint a piece of pottery or create the perfect rustic wood sign to hang in your home! The best part? No artistic experience required.
Fort Wayne has a range of creative options, from painting pottery to canvas and more:
- Bisque It Pottery Painting Studio (7605 Coldwater Rd.)
- Painting with a Twist (6427 W. Jefferson Blvd.)
- Board and Brush (6817 Lima Rd.)
If you're planning ahead, schedule a workshop with Julie Wall at The Hedge! Located in downtown Fort Wayne, The Hedge offers workshops for linoleum printing, letterpress printing, and even "naughty needlepoint embroidery" which is SO much fun!
Serve Up Some Sweets
DeBrand Fine Chocolates (with two locations in town) is easily Fort Wayne’s go-to stop for mountainous, decadent indulgences (have you seen their sundaes??)
@tmanalo21 on Instagram
But don’t forget these other Fort Wayne favorite stops for sweet desserts:
- The mud pie at Cork ‘N Cleaver is a city favorite. The Oreo crust is topped with coffee ice cream, fudge, toasted almonds, and whipped cream. (221 E. Washington Center Road)
- The DIY s’mores at The Hoppy Gnome are delicious—AND interactive. The plate includes a small canned flame so you can toast your own marshmallows right at the table. (203 E. Berry St.)
- The classic tiramisu at Casa restaurants (with four locations across the city) is perfectly rich, tasty, and moist. But if the six-layer chocolate fudge cake turns your head instead, we understand.
- The tableside bananas foster at BakerStreet Steakhouse is not only delicious but it’s a show, too. Your server will wheel out a small burner to flambé your dessert right in front of you. (4820 N. Clinton St.)
- Swing by Local Apple Cart at Union Street Market (boozy ice cream, anyone?!), Sweets on Main, Kilwins, Oh Five Scoop Shop, GK Cafe and Provisions, and more for scoops and sundaes.
Find more sweet treats on the Fort Wayne Dessert Trail!
Brunch it Up
Proximo (898 S. Harrison St.) has a brunch menu with Latin flair (brunchiladas and Columbian ceviche, for example), plus traditional American options (think steak and eggs, French toast, and the garbage skillet). And, of course, there’s the range of excellent brunch-approved cocktails, including Bloody Marys and and amazing mimosa options.
Another brunch favorite is Ophelia's on Wells Street. The sweet pinks and florals throughout this historic-home-turned-restaurant pair perfectly with the delightful coffee creations and brunch dishes on the menu.
Additional brunch hotspots include Hoppy Gnome, Junk Ditch Brewing Company, and Three Rivers Distilling Co. (on Sundays). And if a good Bloody Mary is your thing, Trolley Steaks & Seafood offers a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar with their Sunday brunch!
Or, make it a true Leslie Knope affair with Galentine's Day Brunch at Trubble Brewing (2725 Broadway)! From 11 am – 3 pm on February 11 and 12, you and your gals can brunch like the Pawnee Goddesses you are. Treat yo self and make a reservation!
Check out other brunch options in Fort Wayne.
Snap a Group Photo
Before you go, remember to take some great photos to commemorate your Galentine's Weekend in Fort Wayne! One of our favorite spots (any time of year) is the Botanical Conservatory. The three indoor gardens create the most beautiful backdrop; during February, they even have their Sweetheart Orchid Display set up for photos!
Additionally, explore the Fort Wayne Public Art Trail to find amazing, vibrant murals throughout the city. (You can even check-in on the mobile trail pass to earn prizes!)
Don't forget to tag your photos with #MyFortWayne to be featured on Visit Fort Wayne's Instagram.
There's so much to do in Fort Wayne to celebrate your best girlfriends this Valentine's Day. Find other events that weekend, or discover more ideas for the perfect girlfriends getaway!