What is there to do in Fort Wayne, Indiana? Lots according to our 73,000 social media followers.
It is no surprise that the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo ranks as a top zoo in the nation according to TripAdvisor and with our followers! During your next visit, add some of these 16 favorites to your Fort Wayne getaway.
Due to COVID-19 prevention measures, many summer events and festivals will not take place this year. Please mark your calendars to join these festivities in 2021!
16 Favorite Things to Do in Fort Wayne, Indiana
2. Home to more than 120 miles of trails – hop on your bike or take a walk to explore Fort Wayne’s extensive trail network.
4. While you’re on a trail ride, make your destination one of the 80 award-winning parks and almost a dozen splash pads dotted around the city. Some favorites include Headwaters Park, Lakeside Park & Rose Garden, Foster Park, and opening in August is Promenade Park!
5. Sometimes the best exploration can happen from the comfort of your own car. Go for a drive in Fort Wayne and discover new areas including Grabill - a glimpse of an authentic Amish community filled with fascinating shops, rural scenes, picturesque farms, and horse-drawn vehicles.
6. Or, hop in the car to go explore area preserves including Eagle Marsh.
9. Ice cream cones, cups, & sundaes are the perfect treat at locals’ favorite ice cream stand – Zesto!
10. Sweet treats don’t stop there – indulge in affordable luxury at DeBrand Fine Chocolates with a tour and a chocolate treat. DeBrand Fine Chocolates is a luxury chocolatier and has some of the best truffles, chocolates, and ice cream.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS - 2021 Events
12. Mark you calendars to celebrate at one of the many summer festivals taking place June to August 2021.
14. Experience the #1 Fan Experience in Minor League Baseball at a TinCaps Baseball Game. From the lawn seats to the action-packed seats behind Homeplate, there really is no bad seat in the house.
This post was originally published in May 2019 and has been updated.