These are just a few of the great events happening in Fort Wayne in August. For a complete list of events, browse the Visit Fort Wayne Calendar of Events.
August 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 30, 31 / Parkview Field
Come out to the ballpark and cheer on the TinCaps this month. Experience the excitement first-hand at one of the best Minor League Baseball stadiums in the country!
August 5 - 6 / Navistar Engineering Complex
Celebrate the rich history of Harvester and Navistar with an all-Harvester classic truck show, historical displays, an open test track with photo ops, and a workers reunion.
River, Set, Go! Featuring the Fort Wayne Dragon Boat Races
August 6 / Promenade Park
The whole family is invited for a day of fun along the rivers! Cheer on the teams competing in the thrilling Dragon Boat Races in the morning – a 21-person team paddling down the river – and an afternoon of floating yoga, with a paddle parade in the evening, and a floating fire pit finale.
Open Streets 2022
August 7 / Downtown Fort Wayne
This free, family-friendly event closes the streets to vehicles and opens them for walking, biking, roller skating, and over 100 free activities along the way. Be sure to decorate your bike for the bike parade!
Stock up on fresh produce and goods at Fort Wayne's outdoor farmers markets this summer. See our guide for days, times, and locations.
Downtown Sidewalk Sale
August 12 - 13 / Downtown Fort Wayne
Shop small at this lively, outdoor experience with participating retail shops and restaurants offering discounted specials as they expand their stores to the sidewalks of Downtown Fort Wayne. Local street performers and food will provide a vibrant atmosphere, connecting individuals from one participating location to the next.
Fort Wayne Tattoo Festival
August 12 - 14 / Grand Wayne Convention Center
Hosted by local Studio 13, the festival will feature live tattooing from 200 of the world’s best, tattoo competitions, fine art, live performances, charity fundraisers, and much more.
THEATRE & SHOWS
Don't miss these fun-loving, inspiring, and entertaining productions this August!
- Lucky Stiff the Musical / Arena Dinner Theatre / August 5 - 20
- The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Show / Courtyard by Marriott Downtown / August 13 & 20
Fiesta Fort Wayne
August 13 / Headwaters Park Pavilions
Hispanic heritage celebration! Come for live Latino music performances all day, traditional folkloric dancing, and food trucks.
Bloom Fest: Local Arts & Nature
August 13 / Riverside Gardens Park in Leo-Cedarville, IN
Find local artists of all mediums, various artisans, indoor/outdoor plant starts, children's activities, live music, food trucks, and so much more!
August 13 / Huntertown Family Park
Featuring a wide variety of vendors including artisans, crafters, boutiques, farmers market, direct sales, delicious eats and so much more.
August 14 / Parkview Field
Connect with nature and community while enjoying live music, browsing the Fort Wayne Maker’s Market, and having a blast at all the family friendly activities. Proceeds will go towards helping clean up the devastation from the storm at Fox Island.
Kekionga Plein Air Exhibition and Sale
August 26 / Promenade Park
The Fort Wayne Artists Guild presents these original works by Kekionga artists as well as nationally acclaimed painters Greg Barnes, Christina Body, and Vlad Yeliseyev. Live music and refreshments.
Fort Wayne Festiv-ALE
August 27 / Parkview Field
Have fun for a cause at the 17th Annual Fort Wayne Festiv-ALE event featuring wines, craft beers, food, sweets, and live music.
Post Miami: 1755
August 27 - 28 / The Old Fort
French and British forces clash at the Old Fort as the 1700s come alive. Take a step back into America’s history as you experience battle re-enactments, visit merchants, tour the Old Fort, and talk with historical artisans. You won’t want to miss out on this free event!
Taste of the Arts Festival
August 27 / Arts Campus Fort Wayne, The Landing, Promenade Park
A festival for everyone’s taste! Celebrate arts and culture at the Annual Taste of the Arts, featuring live theater, music, dance performances, buskers, and an all-day art market. While you’re at it, savor delicious local food and drinks from Fort Wayne eateries and breweries.
August 27 - September 3 / Auburn, Indiana
Whether you’re interested in Classic Cars, swap meets, parades or antiques, the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival has a little bit of everything! Visitors from around the world head to Auburn, Indiana each year for this classic car celebration for the whole family.
Lunch on the Square
Thursdays through August 25 / Freimann Square
Skip the break room and join us for lunch downtown! On Thursdays all summer long, enjoy the best food truck fare and live music with family, friends, and co-workers. See you at Freimann Square for a can’t-miss lunch experience!
Throughout the Summer
Explore the city of rivers this summer! Riverfront Boat Tours offer a unique opportunity to learn more about Fort Wayne‘s history through the riverfront! Relax and enjoy the scenery on one of our themed boat tours, departing from the docks at Promenade Park.
This month, enjoy tons of live music options around the city! Grab your tickets to one of these great concerts coming up in Fort Wayne.
- Melissa Etheridge - One Way Out Tour / Foellinger Outdoor Theatre / August 2
- Face 2 Face - A Tribute to Billy Joel and Elton John / Clyde Theatre / August 5
- Stayin' Alive The Sound of the Bee Gees / Foellinger Outdoor Theatre / August 5
- Christopher Cross: 40th Anniversary Tour / Clyde Theatre / August 6
- Lake Street Dive with Madison Cunningham / Foellinger Outdoor Theatre / August 9
- Night Ranger / Sweetwater Performance Pavilion / August 10
- An Evening with Tab Benoit / Embassy Theatre / August 11
- Glenn Miller Orchestra / Embassy Theatre / August 12
- Dermot Kennedy / Clyde Theatre / August 13
- Five for Fighting with special guest The Verve Pipe / Foellinger Outdoor Theatre / August 13
- Yacht Rock Revue / Sweetwater Performance Pavilion / August 18
- Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue / Clyde Theatre / August 19
- Tommy DeCarlo (Singer of Boston) with Rudy Cardenas / Foellinger Outdoor Theatre / August 19
- The Music of Led Zepplin with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic / Sweetwater Performance Pavilion / August 20
- Foellinger Outdoor Theatre Free Concert Series / Foellinger Outdoor Theatre / August 23
- Rod Tuffcurls & The Bench Press / Clyde Theatre / August 27
Dance the night away with some of the best bands in Fort Wayne at these much-loved summer concert series.
- Downtown Live / Friday Nights / The Landing
- Rock the Plaza / Saturdays / Allen County Public Library
- Summer Nights at the Embassy / Wednesdays / Embassy Theatre
- Friday @ Five - Live / Fridays / Hilton Garden Inn North
- Riverfront Sunday Heritage Concert Series / July 10 / Promenade Park
- Muddy River Concert Series / July 13 & 27 / Promenade Park
- Foellinger Outdoor Theatre Free Concert Series / July 12, 13, 29
- Friday Nites Live / Friday Nights / Jefferson Pointe Shopping Center
June 22 – September 30 / The History Center, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and National Veterans Memorial & Shrine
Come to this three-part exhibition in honor of Bill Blass’ 100th birthday. The Fort Wayne History Center and National Veterans Memorial & Shrine is celebrating the Fort Wayne fashion icon through his work with the WWII Ghost Army. The exhibit at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art will focus on his impressive 50-year career in the fashion industry. Download the map of exhibits here.