Visit Fort Wayne
Social Media Internship
This position will assist the Marketing & Communications department with social media, digital communications, photography, and video needs.
Beginning in May and ending in August, this internship has a flexible time requirement and can be set for a maximum 20-23 hours per week or a minimum of 12-15 hours per week for 14 weeks. Students must be able to work within a consistent schedule during normal office hours (preferably 3-4 days/week - dates and days worked can be flexible.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with social media marketing and promotion of Fort Wayne, Indiana as a leisure and convention destination.
- Assist with various social media campaigns for visitors and residents.
- Assist with creating and scheduling social media content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
- Participate in photo and video projects by aiding in production, editing, and publishing.
- Assist in curating user-generated content (UGC) for use in marketing campaigns, social media, website, and other placements.
- Research and identify potential social media micro-influencers for partnership opportunities.
- Participate in brainstorming for social media campaigns and other marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Junior academic level preferred
- Major in Communications, Marketing, Social Media, or Public Relations preferred
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Strong vocabulary, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Awareness & experience in social media marketing and photography will be helpful
- Exceptional knowledge and interest in the greater Fort Wayne area, including attractions, arts and cultural institutions, events, restaurants, etc.
The intern will receive a stipend of $9.25/ hour. We will strive to optimize recognition and networking opportunities, and approve school credit where appropriate.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Interested students should send their resume and cover letter to Erin Okeson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
927 S Harrison St, Suite 101
Fort Wayne, IN 46802