Visit Fort Wayne
Social Media Internship
This position will assist the Marketing & Communications department with social media, digital communications, photography, and video needs.
This internship is approximately 20-23 hours per week for 17 weeks, beginning in May and ending in August. Students must be able to work within a consistent schedule during normal office hours (preferably 3-4 days/week - dates and days worked can be flexible).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with social media marketing and promotion of Fort Wayne, Indiana as a leisure and convention destination.
- Assist with various social media campaigns for visitors and residents.
- Assist with creating and scheduling social media content for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
- Participate in photo and video projects by aiding in production, editing, and publishing.
- Assist in curating user-generated content (UGC) for use in marketing campaigns, social media, website, and other placements.
- Research and identify potential social media micro influencers for partnership opportunities.
- Participate in brainstorming for social media campaigns and other marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Junior academic level preferred
- Major in Communications, Marketing, Social Media, or Public Relations preferred
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Strong vocabulary, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Awareness & experience in social media marketing and photography will be helpful
- Exceptional knowledge and interest in the greater Fort Wayne area, including attractions, arts and cultural institutions, events, restaurants, etc.
The intern will receive a stipend of $7.25/ hour. We will strive to optimize recognition and networking opportunities, and approve school credit where appropriate.
Interested students should send their resume and cover letter to Erin Okeson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
927 S Harrison St, Suite 101
Fort Wayne, IN 46802