Visit Fort Wayne
This position will assist the Marketing & Communications department with writing, media relations, content marketing, marketing research, newsletters, and advertising projects.
This internship is approximately 20-23 hours per week for 17 weeks, beginning in May and ending in August. Students must be able to work within a consistent schedule during normal office hours (preferably 3-4 days/week - dates and days worked can be flexible).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of Fort Wayne, Indiana as a leisure and convention destination.
- Assist with creating, updating, maintaining blog posts, web content, print content, and social media content
- Assist with updating and maintaining Visit Fort Wayne websites and databases as well as gain an understanding of SEO and PPC, as it is used to drive online traffic.
- Write, develop, and edit print materials, e-newsletters, and other copywriting projects.
- Research, maintain, and collect contact information for media lists and other databases.
- Assist with Public Relations efforts including planning Media Tours, pitching story ideas, and collecting media coverage.
- Help manage a regional radio marketing effort and convention services marketing efforts.
- Assist in planning, preparation and participation of CVB events and tourism-related projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Junior academic level preferred
- Major in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations preferred
- Strong vocabulary, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Awareness & experience in internet marketing and public relations will be helpful
- Exceptional knowledge and interest in the greater Fort Wayne area, including attractions, arts and cultural institutions, events, restaurants, etc.
The intern will receive a stipend of $7.25/ hour. We will strive to optimize recognition and networking opportunities, and approve school credit where appropriate.
Interested students should send their resume and cover letter to Jessa Campbell, email@example.com.
927 S Harrison St, Suite 101
Fort Wayne, IN 46802