The History Center is proud to announce the speakers for the 2016-2017 George R. Mather Sunday Lecture Series. All lectures are held at 2pm at the History Center and are free to the public.
All George R. Mather lectures are free to the public and made possible through the generous support of the Dunsire Family Foundation.
The 2016-2017 schedule of speakers is as follows:
• October 2, 2016, Margaret Hobson - The Personal Civil War of Fort Wayne’s Col. Hugh B. Reed, lecture and book signing
• November 6, 2016, Cindy Thies - Lesser Known First Ladies, 1825-1853
• January 8, 2017, Don Orban - Three Rivers: A Brief History
• February 5, 2017, Anthony Conley - War as a Tool for Group Uplift: African American Thought & Wartime Military Service in the 20th Century
• March 5, 2017, Blake Sebring - Indiana’s All-Time Greatest Sports Stories
• April 2, Diane Groenert - Birthing a Book: From Sketching to Self-Publishing, lecture and book signing
• May 7, 2017, Melissa Rinehart - Northern Indiana…Always at the Crossroads of Many Cultures
• June 4, 2017, Shari Wagner - When the Past Reappears: Imagining People & Places of Northeast Indiana Through Poetry, lecture and book signing
The History Center serves present and future generations by collecting, preserving, and sharing historic artifacts, documents, and images that describe the people, places, and events that define Fort Wayne and Allen County history.