Update: See our new directory of Food Trucks here.
Hooray! Fort Wayne has caught the food truck bug! There are several options for foodies to get their fix in the Summit City.Here are a few of some of the most popular, along with their offerings:
You can't go wrong with any of these vendors. It's all a matter of preference, really. Learn more on the Fort Wayne Foodtruck Association Facebook page or follow any of these vendors individually for updated menus and locations.
- JumBy's JoiNt: They are a one-of-a-kind mobile culinary experience that made its debut in early 2012! Owner Jim sets up shop most often in the downtown area, but also does private events. The menu changes daily, but there are a few all-American staples, like grilled cheese, cheeseburger, and and fries.
- Brava's Food: It doesn’t get more American than this! Brava’s serves up hot dogs from a mobile unit. The locally-owned business is now in its third year, and is gaining notoriety for its street-vendor fare. So, what is the “fare?” Brava’s features all-beef hot dogs, with toppings like fresh chopped veggies (tomato, cucumber, pico de gallo, guacamole, etc), as well as homemade chili. Be sure to try their specialty: a super-secret Brava Sauce. Thick cut Ossian bacon also comes on some of the hot dogs. Also, look for them on the streets of downtown Fort Wayne.
- Affine Food Truck: Affine is the brainchild of two local chefs specializing in a wide range of sandwich preparations using free-range, locally sourced pork, chicken, and duck. Try their tacos, soups, and fries. They set up shop at local businesses, as well as bars.
- Big John's Ragin Cajun: Big John Maxwell delivers the cuisine of New Orleans and the Louisiana Bayou to northeastern Indiana. Think Po' Boys and Jambalaya!
- The Getaway Grill: Jerry Perez, owner of Getaway Grill Food Truck says his mission is to bring great food to the streets of Fort Wayne- he is accomplishing that goal and much more! The best part: everything he buys is produced locally, from his food cart to the farmers markets. We hear the chicken and black bean quesadilla is to die for!