The Foellinger Theatre, located at 3411 Sherman Blvd, opened in 1949 as the first outdoor theatre in Fort Wayne for residents to enjoy performances on beautiful summer days and evenings. It was renovated in 1976 to the theatre that we know and love today.
The theatre has been known in the present years for its big name acts that have performed there, but did you know that the Foellinger Theatre also has free concerts and movies throughout the summer?
Free Movies at Foellinger Outdoor Theatre
The Summer Movie Series kicks off Wednesday, June 15 showing "Minions" at 9:00pm and continues every Wednesday until its last performance on Wed, August 3rd showing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens". The movies played are all PG rated, family friendly movies that people of all ages would enjoy. I love watching a movie under the stars at the Foellinger Theatre! Check out their movie schedule and plan a family night with one of your favorite movies!
- June 15 - Minions
- June 22 - Tomorrowland
- June 29 - Goosebumps
- July 6 - SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water
- July 13 - Hotel Transylvania 2
- July 20 - The Good Dinosaur
- July 27 - Inside Out
- August 3 - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Free Concerts at Foellinger Outdoor Theatre
The Foellinger Theatre also has several free concerts to enjoy this summer kicking off in May with the FW Philharmonic Youth Symphony and Concert Orchestra. Enjoy the big band sounds of The Fort Wayne Area Community Band with three different performances. And make sure you mark your calendars for The Air National Guard Band of the Midwest performance, Fort Wayne is lucky to have such highly trained musicians taking a stop in town on their two-week tour. To close out the free summer concerts, the 38th Infantry Division Band of the US Army National Guard will perform on Saturday, September 17, at 4:00pm.
These summer concerts showcase big talent and hard working musicians doing what they love. Plan a night to show your support to these wonderful bands under the stars at the Foellinger Theatre!
- Tuesday, June 14 at 7:30 pm - The Fort Wayne Area Community Band
- Tuesday, June 28 at 7:30 pm - The Air National Guard Band of the Midwest
- Thursday, July 7 at 7:00 pm - Fort Wayne Children's Choir Choral Fest
- Tuesday, July 12 at 7:30 pm - The Fort Wayne Area Community Band
- Tuesday, August 9 at 7:30 pm - The Fort Wayne Area Community Band
- Saturday, September 17 at 4:00 pm - 38th Infantry Division Band of the US Army National Guard