Posted on September 17, 2012 by Heather
Maybe it’s the change of the calendar or the cooling of temperatures, but I’m ready for Fall! It is our family’s favorite season, mainly for all the fun and memories we can create. If you do anything this season, you must do at least a few items on this bucket list. (Free Printable Download)
You may have a favorite orchard or pumpkin patch, but in case you need suggestions, here are a few helpful links:
Fox Island – 7324 Yohne Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46809. Open 7 days a week, 9am – 7 pm, Labor Day thru first Saturday of November (depending on the year, this may be the last day of October). Admission is $2.00 per person age 7 and over. Children under age 7 are FREE.
Johnny Appleseed Festival – 1502 Harry Baals Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46805. September 15 10am – 6pm, September 16 10am – 5pm. Admission is FREE.
- DeGrandchamp’s Pumpkin Patch (pumpkins) 7722 Aboite Ctr. Rd. , Fort Wayne, IN 46804. Phone: 219-436-4359. Hours: 9 am to dusk.
- Hilger Family Farm – 5534 Butt Rd. They will be offering hayrides and pumpkins from the last weekend in September through October. Fruits, vegetables and plants all the time. Stay updated on their Facebook page.
High School Football – check the Journal Gazette or News-Sentinel for this week’s games.
Corn Maze – 3150 County Road 43, Waterloo, IN 46793.Open September 14 – October 31, 2012 (Fri. 6-10pm; Sat. Noon-10pm; Sun. 2-6pm). Admission is $8.00 for Adults, $6.00 for Youth ages 4-12, CASH ONLY.
- Haunted Castle Black Forest 8965 Auburn Road Fort Wayne, IN 46825, Opens September 28 – October 31st. Check site for dates and times. Admission is $10.00 for Castle, $10.00 for Forest or $16.00 for combo ticket.
- Haunted Hotel 511 North Jefferson Street, Huntington, IN, Opens September 30 – October 31st. Check site for dates and times. Admission is $10.00 for General Admission, $15.00 for VIP tickets.
- The Haunted Jail 611 E Market Street, Columbia City, Indiana, Opens September 30 – October 31st. Check site for dates and times. Admission is $10.00 for General Admission.
- Cooks Orchard (U-pick apples, pumpkins for sale in the shop or farm stand, also pie pumpkins, and honey from hives on the farm) 8724 Huguenard Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818. Phone: 260-489-3940. Open: Monday through Friday 10 am to 6 pm Saturday 9 am to 6 pm Sunday 10 am to 5 pm. CASH ONLY.
- Advanced Tree Technology (apples, pumpkins) 12818 Edgerton Road, New Haven, IN, 46774. Phone: (260) 749-0891. U-pick orchard opens mid- September. Monday through Friday 9:30am to 7:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday 9:30am to 5:00pm.
Wild Zoo Halloween – October 19-21, 25-28 & 31, 2012, Noon – 5 pm daily. Admission is $4.00 for Adults, $8.00 for Children and Zoo Members receive $2.00 off per person.
For more ideas, check out the Fall Fun page at VisitFortWayne.com!