Fort Wayne has an abundance of Farmer’s Markets growing all over the city. These markets offer produce, food to order, and unique items you won’t find anywhere else.
A few of my favorites are highlighted here, with a full list of market locations by day below:
The Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market runs several locations almost every day of the week. All locations have a mix of farm and garden selections as well as home-based food and products. This organization also sponsors Art and Craft Markets on varying weeks at all locations, so be sure to check their website for a full listing. After the weather cools down, Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market will continue its Indoor Winter Market from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lincoln Financial Event Center, beginning October 5.
Tanglewood Berry Farm is a USDA Certified Organic grower, and all its produce is grown without Generically Modified Organisms, or GMOs. This family-owned farm has lots of fresh berries, fruits, and vegetables for purchase three days a week, as well as animals and other events. Take advantage of the farm’s Saturday farm tours, U-pick opportunities, yoga classes, and Little Sprouts Children’s educational programming. Insider Tip: Tanglewood Berry Farm’s Farm Chef and Market Master Margy Hooker’s own cookbook is available in the Visitors Center.
Cedar Creek Produce is a family-run business in Leo-Cedarville with its own store and items available all year long. You can pick your own berries at their location on 11709 Clay Street; they’ll also have a mobile produce wagon at the East State Village, Towne House Retirement Community, and Georgetown Square Farmer’s Markets.
The South Side Farmer’s Market is open Saturdays from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. and has a wide selection of grown foods, antiques, live music, flea market finds, and other goods. Opened in 1926, this historic venue has seen a resurgence in activity as more people grow food at home and as demand increases for ethically and locally sourced food. You can view of a full list of what is available at what times here.
Here is a full listing of market times and locations:
- Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market at Parkview Regional Medical Center Campus (PRMC) on the North side of Parkview Plaza Drive, 2 – 6 p.m.
- Tanglewood Berry Farm, 2427 Hadley Road, 2 – 6 p.m.
- Towne House Retirement Community Farmer’s Market, 2209 St. Joe Center Road, 3 – 6 p.m.
- Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market at One Summit Square, corner of Calhoun and Wayne Streets in Downtown Fort Wayne, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market at Schnelker Park, 956 Park Avenue, New Haven, 4 – 7 p.m.
- Salomon Farms Farmer’s Market, 817 W. Dupont Road, 5-8 p.m.
- Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market at Georgetown Square, corner of East State and Maplecrest beside the Library, 4 – 7 p.m.
- Tanglewood Berry Farm, 2427 Hadley Road, 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Fort Wayne Farmer’s Market at Jefferson Pointe, beside Carmike Movie Theater, 4 – 7 p.m.
- Main Street Farmer’s Market, 1936 West Main Street, 3 -8 p.m.
- Fort Wayne’s Farmers Market Downtown/Barr Street Market, Southeast corner of Wayne and Barr Streets, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tanglewood Berry Farm, 2427 Hadley Road, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- South Side Farmers Market, 3300 Warsaw Street, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.