- Summer is a great time to get active. Ride or walk on Fort Wayne’s trail system. Fort Wayne is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. Its 60-mile trail system and rivers welcome guests for a weekend of fun and adventure.
- Are you a history buff and have a few hours to spare? The Allen County is a draw for those who want to research their roots. The Genealogy Center at the main branch of Allen County Public Library (ACPL) in Fort Wayne contains more than 332,000 printed volumes and 362,000 records of archival nature on microfilm and microfiche.These stats make the Genealogy Center at ACPL the largest collection of genealogy and local history materials in a public library in the US. It is the second largest collection of its kind in North America.
- Jefferson Pointe is more than just about shopping. The lifestyle center offers toddler programs and live music on Fridays in the summer. Of course window shopping is always free!
- Discover a Fort Wayne icon, Hyde Bros Booksellers. Located just north of downtown Fort Wayne on the east side of the street at 1428 Wells, it is one of the largest bookstores in Indiana. Specialties include history, literature, nature, Indiana, science fiction, fantasy, mystery, horror, sports, humor, travel, religion, and the social sciences.
- Fort Wayne is fortunate to have a quality art museum downtown–the Fort Wayne Art Museum. This contemporary art museum offers works from permanent collections and national traveling exhibitions. Visitors can also enjoy activities including workshops, lectures, guided tours. Additionally, the museum store has unique selections of original art, jewelry and gifts. Visitors can enjoy free admission Thursdays and Sundays.
With the reasonable cost of living, Fort Wayne is an choice easy for someone watching expenses. Who doesn’t love saving a little green?